"For The Love Of Artistryyyy"

Hey, So Let Me Put You On


              So when it comes to the studies art-onomics I am the expertise, and let me teach young grasshoppers about a group called 'Bone Thugs-N-Harmony'. Starting in 1991 with five brothers known as Krazy Bone, Wish Bone, Flesh-n-Bone, Lazy Bone and Bizzy Bone. They always been known as melodic yet hardcore, simple meaning being that just because they got a funky beat on the track, don't think that it's sweet. 


      


for more info on this topic, click here

            But that's enough yapping let me talk to you about one of their best rap albums and really one of the best rap albums, you know being certified 4x platinum gets you placed in that tier, 1999 Eternal. Just looking at it it just seems to be the group standing in a post-apocalyptic area, and if you knew a little bit about their music you would just shrug your shoulders and say," Yeah, this is so them," and keep it moving. But, in this case it's more layers to this cake than you think. See Bone Thugs-N-Harmony actually integrated their neighborhood, East 99th St and St. Clair Avenue, onto this cover. the abandoned building reflect the economic mistreatment of their area, and the collection of skulls on the ground represent they're fallen homies. Also on top of that, this cover also pays tribute to that of the executive producer of the album, Eazy-E, who passed away right before the release. If you need glasses put 'em on, because if you look in the building left to the lettering you can see Eazy-E standing in the window!


If you ask me, I don't nobody did but I'm just going to talk anyways, When I first looked into this and learned what this was about, it was like an "oh snap" moment. Because I wasn't thinking that deep into it I actually had a totally different, and obviously simpler, interpretation of the cover. But once I got to see that certain things elude to a whole different thing, and I didn't even see little ole Eazy-E(I mean he was 5'3" so it not hard to miss him) hanging out in the window! That was a nice little easter egg to me and it just made it that much cooler to appreciate the music that came with it.

 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Freshest Intro?!

Sorry Can't Lend Any Money, I'm Pretty Baroque

Am I, Dare I Say, Basic?